Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Modifying A Rockettheme Template

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 2 months ago #213

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

Thank you for the information, I will take your advise and re-name them.

Kind Regards
Paul
The topic has been locked.

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #217

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

I would be extremely grateful if you could explain how I can remove the Versatility 4 logo and replace it with my own logo. I've managed to create a logo by luck using adobe illustrator cs4. I've installed adobe fireworks cs4. I’ve also tried to open the source file for the versatility logo in adobe fireworks but when I do it says “Could not open the file. Unknown file type”. It says this if I change Files Of Type to All Files. I can then see all the source files for different templates that I downloaded. If I change Files Of Type to Fireworks png I do not see any files and I still cannot open the file. I don’t know what to do but from reading various posts in forums I know that fireworks is the file I need to make changes to the logo.

Is there a way I can extend the red column that covers the main menu, home, joomla overview, FAQ and The News so it can go down towards the bottom of the page a bit more?
My website is www.redrouteparking.com

Kind Regards
Paul

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #218

• joomtorial
Hi Paul,

I think you will have, but I will still ask the question. Did you unzip the file versatility4-sources.zip ?

I’ve also tried to open the source file for the versatility logo in adobe fireworks but when I do it says “Could not open the file. Unknown file type"

That is an extremely weird error for FireWorks when trying to open a PNG file.

There are 2 logo source files, one psd and one png. The file called versatility4-logo-source.png should be opened with FireWorks.

I have just tested that and have no errors here myself with FireWorks.

Is there a way I can extend the red column that covers the main menu, home, joomla overview, FAQ and The News so it can go down towards the bottom of the page a bit more?

Yes, it would need a little edit/addition in the css file called style9.css

You need to add this to it:
.module-hilite7, .moduletable-hilite7 {
	height: 95%;
}

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #219

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

When changing the file type to all files which I can then see, the files at that point look like zip files. They have the zip file symbol. This might sound like a silly question but does this mean that it's a zip file. Should I download the file again. This is the same for all the templates and I downloaded every template rockettheme has including all the files asscocited with each template.

Regards
Paul

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #220

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

When changing the file type to all files which I can then see, the files at that point look like zip files. They have the zip file symbol. This might sound like a silly question but does this mean that it's a zip file. Should I download the file again. This is the same for all the templates and I downloaded every template rockettheme has including all the files asscocited with each template.

Regards
Paul

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #221

• joomtorial
paul50 wrote:
Hi Piet,

Regards
Paul

This makes perfect sense now Paul. It seems you have not "unzipped" the files yet. FireWorks cannot open zip files.

To unzip, in your folder where you keep your RocketTheme downloaded files, you right-click the zip file in question: versatility4-sources.zip and when right-clicked you should get a menu of choices, there you should choose: Extract all - or something equivalent to unzip/extract.

Then you will end up with a folder full of different files, amongst that the logo files that should be opened with FireWorks.

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #222

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet, your right, I now managed to open the source file in fireworks. There was a total of five files. I chose the file which had the web page with the logo on. I've now deleted the logo. Will I be able to open my logo in adobe illustrator copy it and paste it into adobe fireworks. Could I then just simply crop it to size. Once done, would it then be a simple case of saving the file and then going to joomla and uploading the file through extensions - install/uninstall. Will this affect the changes I've already made on the webpage.

Kind Regards
Paul

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #223

• joomtorial
Hi Paul,

You should be able to open your logo in FireWorks itself.

Next to that, I advise to make your logo the same size (in pixels) as the original versatility logo. Then installing the logo is not as you describe with install/uninstall extensions. That is for extensions only.

Your logo will need to overwrite the existing logo in the template files.. You will need to have an FTP application and be logged in through your FTP account.

You will need to look in the Joomla folder /templates/rt_versatility_j15/images/style#/logo.png

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #224

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

When I set up my hosting account, my host advised that I would not need an ftp account because I installed joomla through my host using fantastico. Would I still need to use an ftp account like filezilla.

With regards to extending the red column further down the page. I've located the css file in the template manager. The code you mentioned to type in, can that go anywhere in style9.css or is there a specific place within that page I should insert it.

Kind Regards
Paul

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #225

• joomtorial
Hi Paul,

The hosting provider was half right, for putting/installing Joomla there since you did it through Fantastice and you didn't need FTP, but to change/edit files best practice is to use FTP. Indeed an application like FileZilla

You could also use a sort of built-in file manager that can be installed in Joomla as a component and in that, you can also edit files. I would advise that.

It is called ExtPlorer. It is in my page of must-have extensions.

http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomlaxplorer/frs/

Download the com_extplorer_2.1.0b5.zip version and install as any Joomla component in your Joomla website.

The code in the css can go anywhere. I would put it at the bottom.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Joomla Video Tutorials by Joomtorial